3 February 2011

A Loc-star: Dionne

She rocks locs!
Meet Dionne! 

   
How long have you been wearing locs?
Since Oct 2004 which makes it 6 yrs 3months. I had started with interlocking but switched to palm-rolling. The locs are not as smooth (as with palm-rolling) and it pulled hair out from the root.

Why natural?
I have always had natural hair. And, I've always admired locs, so it seemed like the next step.


What is your routine like?
Initially, I got my hair reloc'd every  2 weeks. Now, I do it every 3 weeks - wash and re-loc. I get a treatment every 3 months. I have never had a de-fuzz.


Is there any particular way you like to wear your locs?
I like the twisted and pinned up look because it lasts much longer. Sometimes, I like to rod it and wear it open, but that keeps me too hot. 












Are there any particular products you use in your routine?
  • I use mostly anti-itch products
  • No gel as it itches my scalp
  • I use oil which consists of: olive oil, carrot oil, Vitamin E oil, lavender, rosemary, horsetail and other herbs
  • Natural oil rinses such as tea tree to repel fungus, lavender to promote growth.




Thanks so much, Dionne.

Drop a comment or two!



3 comments:

  1. WOW my locs look long! I will add more info as i remember about mt loc routine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Dee-kay. And sure, keep me posted and feel free to check back from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  3. nice one! more inspiration for me :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi there! Thank you for sharing your thoughts. I enjoy having your feedback. Please check back to see how others have shared on this post.

Besos,

Tasha