Barbados...my island home!This vacation, as promised, I wanted to share with all of you some of the sights I took in while 'playing tourist' at home!
Just a few facts about Barbados:
- Was a former British Colony
- The island became independent on November 30, 1966
- Has a population of 280,000+ inhabitants and the capital is Bridgetown
- 'Bajan' is the dialect we speak but, also one of the names we call ourselves
- Is the easternmost Caribbean island
- Consists of 11 parishes
- Is a relatively flat island, known for its warm, sunny weather; however, we do experience a hurricane season
- Loc'd music stars Allison Hinds and Arturo Tappin; along with Shontelle, Rihanna and Hal Linton all come from Barbados
- Awesome beaches, wonderful food and music, beautiful people! A most precious place to be!
Bridgetown - the beautiful capital of Barbados
Bathsheba, St. Joseph - a charming fishing village
Andromeda Gardens, St. Joseph - a tropical garden with collections of palms, orchids, ferns and bougainvillea, just to name a few.
Codrington College, St. John - the oldest Theological college in the Western Hemisphere
Martin's Bay, St. John - an idyllic fishing village